Summertime is the season Canadians dream of during the winter cold. Think hot sun, cool blue water, cascading flowers and lush green fields, people in the parks, on the streets, on parade or promenade. What is your experience? “Hot town, summer in the city /Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty,” or perhaps it’s “Summertime, and the livin’ is easy”. What epitomizes summer in your art? What feels like summer to you? Is it a place, a feeling, an event or a colour? Share a piece of art that conveys your experience of summer. Create a tangible piece of summer….in paint, paper, sculpture, textiles, or video.
YOU ARE INVITED TO JOIN PROPELLER GALLERY ARTISTS
AND EXHIBIT YOUR WORK IN THE SUMMERTIME OPEN CALL SHOW
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Tuesday July 17th @ 4:00 pm
INTAKE: Sunday July 22, 5-7pm; Monday July 23, 10 - 11:30 am
OPENING RECEPTION: Thursday July 26, 6:30 – 9:30 pm
MEET THE ARTISTS: Sunday July 29, 2 - 4 pm
TAKE DOWN AND PICK UP: Sunday August 12, 4 - 6 pm
- Name, address, email, phone number.
- Brief Artist Statement and CV (200 words maximum)
- Maximum size of artwork in width: 36" for 2D works.
- One image per submission, with a maximum of 3 submissions per artist (2000 pixels on the longest edge @72dpi).
- Please include accurate label information (title, date, medium, dimensions, value).
- Short narrative text to accompany work(s) (maximum 50 words).
- Video links will be accepted.
- You agree to allow us to use your submission material, without compensation, in potential video or press release.
- Submission fee: $45 CDN for first entry; $30 for subsequent ones. (*please note, submission fees are non-refundable)
We reserve the rights to refuse artworks which do not conform to the submission requirements or to Propeller standards.
- Selected artists will be contacted by email no later than Thursday July 19.
- 25% commission will be collected on any work sold as a result of this exhibition.
- For more information visit our website: www.propellerctr.com
***IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES SUBMITTING THROUGH HUUTAART, PLEASE SEND AN E-MAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS***
Organizers: Maggie Doswell, Michelle Letarte and Janet Read
Nathan Heuvingh, Gallery Director
- closes on
- Thu July 19, 2018 4:00 pm EDT
- Propeller Gallery
30 Abell Street
Toronto, ON, M6J 0A9
- contact Name
- Nathan Heuvingh
- contact Position
- Gallery Director
- Exhibition dates
25th Jul 2018
12th Aug 2018
$45.00 CAD - 1st image
$30.00 CAD - per additional image
- Decorative/Applied Arts - Ceramics
- Decorative/Applied Arts - Fibre
- Decorative/Applied Arts - Glass
- Decorative/Applied Arts - Jewellery
- Decorative/Applied Arts - Metal
- Decorative/Applied Arts - Wood
- Digital Media
- Two Dimensional Mixed Media
- multiple submission
- Multiples, maximum of 3 images per submission.