This call is closed
Riverdale ArtWalk - (Non-Member Application)
Important: Use this form to apply if you are NOT a member of the Artists' Network.
(Artists' Network members click here to submit)
ABOUT THE RIVERDALE ARTWALK
Riverdale ArtWalk is a two-day, public fine art exhibition showcasing established and emerging artists in Jimmie Simpson Park in Toronto’s flourishing Queen East arts district. The first outdoor art show of Toronto’s season, participating artists are selected through an anonymous jury process, allowing an opportunity to participate in the only outdoor art show that focuses ONLY on fine art. It has consistently been rated by local artists as one of the best organized show in Toronto.
Last year, the festival hosted over 170 participating artists and the inclusion of local community groups, entertainment and food vendors. Artist Awards in Photography, Painting, Mixed Media, and Other Media have been created through exciting new sponsorships with local organizations and businesses. Now in its 19th year in the Riverdale/Leslieville area of Toronto, the festival has grown to reach an audience of over 20,000 art enthusiasts and supporters. Through new partnership opportunities with the local BIA, the Riverdale ArtWalk expects to continue to grow.
With our intensive orientation session and strong artists support, 96% of Riverdale ArtWalk artists indicated overall communications “Best Ever” or “Better than Average’, you don’t want to miss this show!
Please read our exhibition guidelines in detail before applying. The application must be completed in full, including the payment of required fees, to be considered.
AGAIN THIS YEAR
Indoor space available in Jimmie Simpson Community Centre! We have space in the Jimmie Simpson Community Centre for a limited number of artists. You will be sheltered from the weather and will not have to pack and unpack your art at the end of each day.
Where: held in the Riverdale area, the Riverdale ArtWalk is held primarily in Jimmie Simpson Park + the indoor space of the Jimmie Simpson Community Centre, connected to the park.
APPLICATION FEES - The Artists’ Network has a 2-tier fee structure which includes a non-refundable administration fee of $35.00. If your work is not chosen by the jury, the Artists’ Network will refund the participation fee. The Admin fee is non-refundable. All booths spaces are 10’ x 10’. Shared booths are not permitted. Please indicate either indoor or outdoor space preferred.
Early Bird – Midnight, Sunday, February 19, 2017
275 + 35.75 HST = $310.75
325 + 42.25 HST = $367.25
Regular Submission – Midnight, Sunday, March 19, 2017
325 + 42.25 HST = $367.25
375 + 48.75 HST = $423.75
The Artists Network does not take a commission for any sales during the Riverdale ArtWalk. All sales in good faith are the responsibility of the artists. Credit card process is available onsite as part of membership.
Membership has its benefits. To get a reduced submission fee and be grandfathered into next year’s Riverdale ArtWalk, become a member today. Please contact Barb (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
CANCELLATION POLICY AND DATES
Cancellation must be received in writing/email to Angela Lane (email@example.com) by the following dates:
- On or before April 9, 2017 - full refund minus the $35 administration fee
- From April 10 – April 23, 2017 – 50% refund minus the $35 administration fee
- April 24 – June 4, 2017 – cancellations receiving after April 24 will not receive a refund
Ensure your 5 images reflect your best work. We recommend your images be approximately 2000 pixels on the widest side. Larger images will be automatically resized.
The Riverdale ArtWalk is juried by professionals in the industry. They are looking for a consistent theme to the work, as well as originality and quality. Please be sure you follow the requirements of your JPEGS and be sure they are of high quality. Only original art will be accepted – please see the CRITERIA at the end of this document.
We heavily promote the Riverdale Artwalk locally and throughout Toronto to high income neighbourhoods: social media, 50,000 postcards, newspaper, magazine and online ads and our colour event guide which profiles all artists.
Booth allocation will be drawn at random in 2 batches: early bird and regular submission. You will have an opportunity to indicate your preference during the application process; no guarantees of location are made and all locations are subject to change due to location conditions. We will do our best to accommodate any medical restrictions.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The Artists’ Network is committed to always act with fairness, honesty, integrity and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, colour, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation. We expect the same from our artist members. We will not tolerate any abusive or threatening behaviour towards any member of our team. Refusal to comply with this policy may result in an artist being asked to leave the show.
All accepted artists and galleries will be featured in our online gallery and listed in our event guide. An Onsite Gallery will be located facing Queen Street to promote all participating artists. Each artist is encouraged to contribute a 12” x 12” piece for the gallery. This will enable visitors to navigate the park and find your booth.
The Artists’ Network welcomes your interest in participating in the Riverdale ArtWalk. Please note that this is an Fine Art Show. One of the reasons that artists like participating in the Artists’ Network outdoor shows is that we are strict with regards to only accepting Fine Art. Over the years, technology and processes have changed and we have been asked by the artist community to outline our criteria. This is not intended to limit anyone’s ability to show and sell their work, only to ensure that the high standard of art showcased by all artists is what you expect. As such the following rules apply:
- All work must be original and executed by the accepted artist. No functional art; mugs, bowls, posters, pillows, books, jewelry, T-shirts or other clothing or home décor is permitted.
- Photographs and digital works must be signed by the artist and appropriately numbered indicating a limited number of prints of no more than 100. Only one version of each image may be displayed at a time.
- Reproductions of non-photographic or digital work (ie – reproductions or prints of original paintings) may occupy a maximum of 15% of booth area (approximately ½ wall). They are to be numbered and labeled as reproductions. Open Editions (not numbered) are permitted; however only 1 version of each reproduction may be shown at a time. Notecards may be shown in multiples and are included within the 15% limitation.
- Artists are permitted to have non-conforming work in a portfolio to show to prospective buyers.
- Exhibited work must be consistent with the images submitted by the artist and must conform to the event guidelines.
- All decisions on the suitability of art to be displayed made by the Artists’ Network or its representatives are final. The accepted artists are expected to co-operate fully with the Network. Exhibitors will be monitored by the Artists’ Network and its representatives and we reserve the right to remove any questionable or non-approved art from the show. Any artist who violates the rules, is uncooperative or who demonstrate abusive behaviour may be asked to leave the show and will forfeit their right to participate in any future shows.
If you have any questions or need help with your application, please contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- closes on
- Sun April 2, 2017 11:59 pm EDT
- Jimmie Simpson Park
870 Queen St East
Toronto, ON, M4M 3G9
- contact Name
- Angela Lane
- contact Position
- Event Manager
- Exhibition dates
3rd Jun 2017
4th Jun 2017
- $423.75 CAD per submission
- Mixed Media
- multiple submission
- Not Allowed
- Multiples, maximum of 5 images per submission.