OSA Membership 2018
Applying For Membership
2018 Applications are being accepted now for new members.
Thank you for your interest in our Society. The Ontario Society of Artists reviews applications for membership from professional artists annually.
The images submitted by artists interested in membership will be juried by the Membership Selection Committee. Please note that we are accepting digital images only. If you wish to submit your work in person for the second round of jurying, please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are two rounds of jurying. A short list of candidates for membership accepted by the membership committee will be presented to the the General OSA Membership for final jurying.
- If you have exhibited twice in an OSA Open Juried Exhibition (held at the John B. Aird Gallery) in the past 5 years, your membership application will be automatically advanced to the short list for final jurying. Please indicate this exhibition history in your C.V.
When submitting 15 images for the membership jury, it is important that the images represent your strongest recent work, completed in the last 5 years, and it is helpful to the jury if what you are presenting is consistent, as opposed to representing the entire range of your work. It is difficult for a jury to assess an entry which includes one figurative piece, one landscape, a still life, an abstract, etc. Images of your studio and process will be an addition enhancement for the jury to understand your commitment to the Visual Arts.
Please note, you must submit 15 different works of art in order to be accepted for the first round of jurying. Please submit one image for each two dimensional work. For three dimensional works, please submit 2 photos showing the piece from different angles.
Please add your C.V. and your Artist Statement to your huutaArt profile - do not upload documents as images files.
If you have any difficulties, please email us at email@example.com
QualificationsDepending on the nature of your art practice, some combination of the following should be demonstrated:
- Distinctive aesthetic vision / a unique approach to subject or content / strong visual qualities / evidence of creative enquiry or re ection / conceptual ideas.
- Technical competence / successful realization of ideas / quality of process.
Because the OSA is an organization of professional artists, please make sure that you upload:
- Digital images of 15 individual works of art - ensure these images are shot in good light with nothing covering the work or showing around the work i.e. no frames.
- A C.V. listing all relevant exhibition history.
- Any other involvement as a professional artist, for example memberships in other arts organizations, continuing studies, mentors, etc.
- Clear statement of your intentions, concepts, areas of interest and processes. How and why do you do your artwork? (Studio/ process images could enhance your application).
The deadline for the 2018 OSA New Membership Applications is October 5, 2018.
The Application Fee is $45.00
How to submit on huutaArt.com
To submit to this open call you will first need to register and create a HuutaArt ARTIST account.
- Your ARTIST's CV + STATEMENT should be added to your huutaArt "Open Call Profile"
- Once your HuutaArt profile has been created, you can add your artwork to the OSA call for membership.
- closes on
- Sat October 6, 2018 3:00 am EDT
- Membership Call
- Ontario Society of Artists
Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1G7
- contact Name
- contact Position
- $45.00 CAD per submission
- Digital Media
- Fibre Arts
- Mixed Media
- Other Media
- Painting - Acrylic
- Painting - Oil
- multiple submission
- Not Allowed
- Multiples, maximum of 32 images per submission.