This call is closed
Northern Tendencies: [Please submit to the other 'Northern Tendencies' call under 'Open Calls']
Exhibition dates: December 12 - 22
Deadline: Tuesday December 4th @ 11pm
Canada is a northern nation and as such we share the cold climates of similar geographical territories and distinguish ourselves from the southern and equatorial counterparts. We are a people who have adapted and are still adapting to frigid temperatures and that too is changing with our traumatized environment. From our indigenous peoples to all the other settlers that followed and continue to follow, we are a people who have by and large come to terms with and embraced the bitter cold and often bleak winter atmosphere and learned to fashion our lives, our habitats and our entertainment from the long hibernal ravages. In the end, with a planet that is heating up at an alarmingly accelerated pace, are we going to be the luckier ones as time goes by? What does the north mean or has meant to you? How has the north fashioned your character, tastes and predilections? What has the north inspired in you artistically? Let your artistic skills and talents tell their story on this wide and relevant subject. Explore the theme in your own original marks and colour no matter the view, medium or style.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Tuesday December 4th @ 11pm
EXHIBITION DATES: December 12 – December 22, 2018
INTAKE: Sunday December 9th, 5-7pm
OPENING RECEPTION: Thursday December 13th, 6:30-9:30pm
TAKE DOWN AND PICK UP: Saturday December 22nd, 2-5pm
- Name, address, email, phone number.
- Title of Work, Year, Medium, Size and Value in CAD ($) (for labels).
- Artist Statement/Bio and CV
- A brief written statement about the work (max. 50 words).
- One image per submission, with a maximum of 3 submissions per artist (2000 pixels on the longest edge @72dpi).
- Maximum size of artwork in width: 36" for 2D works. Video links will be accepted.
- Non-refundable submission fee of $45.00.
25% commission will be applied to any work sold as a result of this exhibition.
You agree to allow us to use your submission material, without compensation, in potential video or press release.
Artist’s who are selected will be contacted by email. Delivery instructions will be given at that time.
This is a juried exhibition selected artworks will be chosen by: Frances Patella, Joseph Muscat, Lisa Johnson and Gwen Tooth
TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK: GO TO HUUTAART MAIN PAGE (HUUTAART.COM) AND CLICK ON 'REGISTER'. AFTER YOU HAVE REGISTERED, YOU CAN ACCESS THIS CALL AND UPLOAD ALL RELEVENT INFORMATION. HUUTAART WILL DIRECT YOU TO PAYPAL FOR PAYMENT.
***IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES SUBMITTING THROUGH HUUTAART, PLEASE SEND AN E-MAIL TO email@example.com FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS***Gallery Contact:
Nathan Heuvingh, Gallery Director
- closes on
- Thu November 22, 2018 1:15 pm EST
30 Abell Street
Toronto, ON, M6J 0A9
- contact Name
- Nathan Heuvingh
- contact Position
- Gallery Director
- Exhibition dates
12th Dec 2018
22nd Dec 2018
- $45.00 CAD per submission
- Decorative/Applied Arts - Ceramics
- Decorative/Applied Arts - Fibre
- Decorative/Applied Arts - Glass
- Decorative/Applied Arts - Jewellery
- Decorative/Applied Arts - Metal
- Decorative/Applied Arts - Wood
- Digital Media
- Two Dimensional Mixed Media
- multiple submission
- Not Allowed
- Multiples, maximum of 3 images per submission.