GET NOTICED 2018
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
16 New Artists Curated by Jamie Angell and Niki Dracos
The Red Head Gallery is pleased to present Get Noticed; our bi-annual exhibition of visual artists selected by Toronto gallerists noted for actively raising the bar for Canada’s commercial art world. Artists will be selected by Jamie Angell of Angell Gallery and Niki Dracos of General Hardware Contemporary. The exhibition will be on view at the Red Head Gallery from November 28 to December 15.
We encourage artists not yet represented by the commercial gallery system to be part of this career enhancing event.
The single work submission should be a strong example of your recent practice and must meet the aesthetic standards of the gallery.
ENTRY FEES: $25 application fee (non-refundable). Only one submission per artist.
Selected artists will be required to pay a $100 exhibition fee to secure their participation.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday October 26, 2018, 6pm EST.
o Each artist may make ONE submission.
o A submission includes ONE artwork.
o Artwork can be 2-D, 3-D or video. Artists working in all 2-D, 3-D or digital media are welcome to apply.
o Maximum size for artwork submitted is 60 inches wide and 108 inches tall.
o Selected artists will be required to pay a $100 exhibition fee to secure their participation.
o Artists submitting video or projection pieces will need to provide all necessary audiovisual display equipment for the exhibition, if their work is selected.
1. Artist contact information (name, email, telephone and website) via your "artist’s profile” on huutaArt.com.
*Only entries submitted through the Get Noticed Open Call on HuutaArt will be eligible for juror consideration. Please, under no circumstances, contact the jurors directly. Submissions sent directly to the jurors will be disqualified.
How to submit using huutaArt:
- Before proceeding with the application, you will need to have a profile on huutaArt.com. You can create an artist profile (for free).
- Once your profile has been created, you can use it for any Open Call on huutaArt.
- When your huutaArt profile is complete you can apply to this call here.
2. 1 image for a 2-D work, 2 images (of the same artwork) for a 3-D work and a web link for video (Youtube or Vimeo link). Image format: jpeg, 2000 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Files must be named: GN_lastnamefirstname_title.jpg
*If more than 1 artwork is submitted, the jury will only review the first artwork and reject any image of a second artwork.
3. Artwork details to be included with image: title, size, media, year and price (optional - if not for sale, enter $0).
4. $25 submission fee (non-refundable).
All applicants will be notified of the results of the jury selection by Tuesday November 20 via huutaArt.com.
The Red Head Gallery will only follow-up directly with the 16 selected artists.
Selected artist participation details
o Accepted artists will need to confirm and secure their participation with the payment of the $100 participation fee and signed Participating Artist Contract (sent directly to the artist by Red Head Gallery) within 48 hours of being notified that their artwork has been selected.
o Only the artwork submitted & chosen by the curators will be exhibited.
o Each artist will provide a brief Bio and Artist Statement.
o Selected work must be received at Red Head Gallery on Friday November 23 (between 12noon – 5pm) or Saturday November 24, (between 12noon – 5pm). If work is being mailed or couriered, please contact the gallery. The artist is responsible for the cost of shipping to and from the gallery.
o All selected work must be exhibition ready with an appropriate hanging method and clear installation instructions included.
o The gallery does not insure the artwork while it is on the gallery premises.
o Artists have the option of having their work for sale. Red Head Gallery collects a 20% commission on all sales from the exhibition.
o Artwork must be picked up and removed from the gallery on Sunday December 16 from 9am - 12noon. The gallery cannot store & is not responsible for work after this date.
o If work is to be returned via courier, the return address courier label must be included with the artwork. The necessary re-packing instructions must be included with the artwork.
o Get Noticed runs from November 28 – December 15, 2018.
o The artists’ reception will be the evening of Thursday November 29, 6 - 8pm.
- closes on
- Fri October 26, 2018 6:00 pm EDT
- The Red Head Gallery
401 Richmond Street West, Ground Floor, Suite 115
Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3A8
- contact Name
- Get Noticed Committee
- contact Position
- Get Noticed Committee
- Exhibition dates
28th Nov 2018
15th Dec 2018
- $25.00 CAD per submission
- multiple submission
- Not Allowed
- Multiples, maximum of 2 images or document file per submission.
- Allow Document Files Upload
- Yes, PDF, Doc, Docx, Xls, Odt files...etc are allowed in the submission