This call is closed
Become part of one of Toronto's most dynamic artist collectives!
Propeller accepts artists for membership in all stages of their careers. We strive to have a well rounded cooperative composed of artists working in a wide range of media and approaches.
Propeller accepts submissions for membership on an ongoing basis. All applications are reviewed quarterly by the Selection Committee.
2015 Selection Committee review dates: March 18, June 17, Sept 16, Dec 16
Membership applications are reviewed by a jury. When evaluating applications, consideration is given to:
- the quality of the work
- the level of professionalism, and
- a demonstrated commitment to the visual arts
Please make sure you have uploaded your resume in PDF or DOC format in your 'OPEN CALL PROFILE' here on huutaArt.com then continue to fill in this application form.
You will need to have the following ready for inclusion:
- your resume - uploaded to your 'OPEN CALL PROFILE'
- 10 -20 images of your work
- your artist statement
- a letter of intent
- a statement of commitment to volunteering at Propeller
Being an Active Member at Propeller
Annual Membership Fee is $339.00* +Exhibition Fees (*includes HST)
Active members are required to exhibit no less than once every two years. They are also eligible to participate in group shows, apply to curated shows, and receive the gallery's weekly newsletter and other insider information.
Please note that all exhibitions are subject to a rental fee.
- solo exhibitions (active members)
- full curatorial control over solo exhibitions
- significant discount on gallery rental
- promotional support from the gallery
- exhibition listings in Slate Magazine, Artscape Newsletter, Canadian Art events listing, and Instant Coffee
- electronic exhibit postings via the gallery website and social media networks
- inclusion in the gallery portfolio library (available for review by collectors, curators, and the public)
- equal status in the collective
Propeller is run with the assistance of its membership. All members are required to be active in the ongoing running of the centre. Members are asked to put in specified time to support the exciting events that occur at Propeller. Please note that members are also expected to join in and assist with fundraisers.
Sales made by members through exhibiting at Propeller are subject to a 25% commission.
Please visit http://propellerctr.com for more information
- closes on
- Wed June 17, 2015 5:00 am EDT
- Membership Application
- Propeller Gallery
30 Abell Street
Toronto, Ontario, M6J 0A9
- contact Name
- Philip Hare
- contact Position
- Selection Committee Chair
Free for Subscribers
- Decorative/Applied Arts - Ceramics
- Decorative/Applied Arts - Fibre
- Decorative/Applied Arts - Glass
- Decorative/Applied Arts - Jewellery
- Decorative/Applied Arts - Metal
- Decorative/Applied Arts - Wood
- Digital Media
- Two Dimensional Mixed Media
- multiple submission
- Not Allowed
- Multiples, maximum of 20 images or document file per submission.
- Allow Document Files Upload
- Yes, PDF, Doc, Docx, Xls, Odt files...etc are allowed in the submission